The Quickest Custom Ever!
Most customs I make take anywhere between a few days and a few months to complete, with the time dependent on the level of customisation required AND my level of laziness that week. There is also the problem that EVERY CUSTOMISER knows all too well and that is the issue of starting too many customs and never finishing them…
OMG I just had an awesome idea for a custom C10… but I’ll finish shaving the wing off the 180sx… and then I’ll make some wheels for the Evo X… oh look – a Kool Kombi! and so on and so forth.
Well the story surrounding this boneshaker goes a little something like this (don’t worry – short version coming)
I had this idea for a custom boneshaker using the base of a Surf Crate and so I stripped the paint and chose a suitable engine (from an M2 diecast model) and basically left it resting on the bench for months…
As you can see it has potential – and one day I will get around to finishing it… mind you I now need a new set of sidepipes ’cause I kinda stole them.
Custom Hotwheels Boneshaker
So I’m staring at my other Boneshakers and I think maybe this above custom would look better if I cut the whole nose off so I could put a bigger engine there…or something. Now I wasn’t about to cut the nose off the above boneshaker – this was a topless version after all and I wanted to test the theory.
- I cut the nose off the red boneshaker – took all of 5 minutes, and then
- took the front grill and connecting engine block from the Hulk Pop Culture A-OK model and – after a little grinding and smoothing with a file, simply attached to the front of the Boneshaker base.
- I then took the engine top (red trumpets/blowers) from an M2 model and glued it to the top of the A-OK engine.
- Next I cut the sidepipes from the base part of the Surf Crate (as seen above) and glued these to the sides of the boneshaker base – I literally held them in place with my hand so as to get the join looking as smooth and natural as possible. It fits surprisingly well!
- I then took the wheels from a Star Trek Jeep Wagoneer for the back and the wheels from a Hot Tamale Truck for the front.
This whole process took less than 30 minutes and in the end I had what even I will admit is a pretty bad ass looking hotrod, ratrod, ratted out boneshaker – call it what you will. I’ll just call it sweet and stare at the following images for a while…
More HotRods and Ratted Out Customs To Come.
I’ve been bitten by the
bug rat and can’t wait to start really trying my hand at rusting cars and ratting out hotrods etc. Stay tuned because as you know, when I learn you learn – so the next how to guide will be centred around rusting cars and using various techniques to get that old barn find effect 😉